Monday, November 13, 2006

Dear Blog
I went for another interview today. I was shortlisted by Lloyd's Register. I was hesitating whether to go for the interview or not cos its the pay was $200 below my expected salary. They are willing to pay only $1800. Its also a non-profit organisation but its a US MNC. However, I decided to go since I have promised the agent. I told myself to go with a opened mind - I glad I did.
I was interview by the HR Manager, Ms Dorothy and Business Development Manager, Mr Chan. It was a fun interview. They made me totally at ease. We talked and laughed. Both of them were very nice and funny people.
-
When they asked me why I put on hold my business studies. I told them frankly its because of my Finance. I told them I am a little weak in my Maths. Mr Chan asked me how weak? He joked and asked me what is 5+5. then he said his Maths is poor too. Then we all laughed.
-
I liked the job scope which he mentioned. I will be in the Sale and Marketing Dept. The dept will source for Ship owners to register their newbuildings under Lloyd's. Mr Chan asked me what is Trading Certs. I told them its a yearly adorsement on those certs to allow the ships to sail on waters and blar...blar..blar.... I told them of other companies that.
-
I will also need to be involved to organise the golf touraments for clients. He expects that all Sales and Marketing Dept to be there (or in other functions) to mingle with Clients. I told him I have no problem with that. Mr Chan asked me do I drink. I told him yes but only red wine. Well, when u entertain clients more or less you have to drink.
-
Mr Chan asked me to tell him what I know about Lloyd's. I was dumbfounded. I paused for a while trying to recollect my thoughts. He told me dont worry and just be talk. He told me I am the most knowledgeable among the candidates. So I just talk and share with them everything I know in Marine and Offshore industry.
-
The interview lasted about an hour. They said they will lbe able to et me know by end of the week. God should I take this up if I am accepted? Although the pay is little but I like the job scope.
God please direct my path..
-
'Trust in the Lord with all your hearts and lean not onto own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home