Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The most painful moments of my life


Seeing you lying on the hospital bed
Watching your life wasted away
Thorns piercing into my heart
Helplessly as I stand by you
Calling you tenderly
not a single response I hear
You slept throughout
till your last
-
'' Prepare for the worst''
I was told gently by Dr John Chia
hoping for the best i still will
Holding your hands tightly
tightly as I can
Never will I let you go
Tearing as I whispered a small prayer
Pleading and begging God
for miracles to appear
-
In a night of 17 June 2004
A day forever will i remember
as long as I am God's creature on earth
A call I fear to receive from Assisi Hospice
Has finally arrived
Rushing down to see you
Only to hear you are gone
Peacefully you went, I was told
-
Hoping its a prake made by Nurses
My heart sank when Dr certified
Watching you as you laid on table
Fast asleep I wish you were
Tears stream down my cheeks
With regrets of not being by you
when you breath your last
A guilty me will I be,
for as long as I live
Not a chance to say 'I love you, mum'
Not a chance to say 'Goodbye mum'
Not a chance to say 'I will be strong'
Not a chance to say 'Its ok, mum. Let Go'.
-
Fulfilling your wish to bring you home
Never I expect in a horizontal way
Seeing you lying in "brownish long box"
You dressed in your best set of clothes
Holding your Bible in your hands
Peacefully and beautifully
you laid to rest
-
Standing was a photo of your smiling face
We sang your favourite hymn -Amazing Grace
We know this is your wish
Friends came to bid their last farewell
Many Many people came to send you off
to someone so great and marvellous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home