Saturday, December 03, 2005

It's 3rd of Dec...Yes!! You are right! Its my Birthday. :( getting older liao..Sigh...Cant imagine that I have lived 1/4 of a century liao.

But there is a thing to remember about too. Well, its my very very good friend, Kelvin's 2nd year death anniversary. Time really flies. I remembered on a night of 2nd Dec 2003, a day before he died, Weicheng, Jeffrey, Joanna and I visited him in NUH. Little did I expect that was the last time I saw him. He was in a very very bad shape. He threw out whatever he eats and drink. His feet was so so swollen, just like an elephant leg. He was so skinny. I knew he will go anytime. I said a little prayer that he will not die on my birthday. I told God I do not want to lose my best friend on my birthday. (I already lost my Osaka 3rd granduncle on my birthday in 1998).
-
Next day around 9 or 10am+, I received a sms from Khai Leong (Kelvin's younger brother) that he has passed away. During those time, I was very scared to receive any sms from Khai Leong cos' a couple of occasions, he sms me in the middle of the night to inform me that Kevin was in critical condition and is rush to hospital. Glad I've made friends with Khai Leong so he can always keep me in the loop of what is happening. so i can convey to YAF'ers on Kelvin's condition).

Kelvin stepped into the church himself, I cannot remember who spotted him and brought him into Young Adults Fellowship (YAF). I think its Khai Meng or whoever. Since then, he started to join us for lunch after Sunday Service, then slowly to our Saturday meetings.
-
Remembered, we had our usual gatherings at Yew Tee Macs with the rest after Sunday Service. We introduced ourselves as we happened to seat beside eache other. Since then, we became very closed. We chatted on phones for hours every few nights. Cannot remember what they the things we chat..just mixture of everything lor. We also shared the same liking of those 'unhealthy' food...haha. We always meet for early dinner before going for gatherings and Bible Study at Jeffrey's house.
-
When the Drs decided to do stem cell transplant for him. I took leave to accompany him and Khai Leong to the hospital. When Kelvin was called into the room to to some tests, Khai Leong told me he was hoping so much this treatment could saved his brother's life. (Drs took a 'juice' from Khai Leong and insert into Kelvin. They were hoping that his brother's good cell can fight and kill all the bad cells in Kelvin's body.) But it turned out not to be. Kelvin knew his life will not be long so he bought a dog. He told me he bought this dog for his mother. He said when he is gone, this dog can keep her accompany. When I heard this, I was lost for words. I just didn't know what to say.
-
Kelvin has to give up his degree course as his condition is too weak for him to continue. Kelvin told me because of his delay in going to hospital as the result he has amputate his leg. His tumors has turned into cancerous. When Kelvin was in his last days, he disacknowledge God. He was very disappointed. I think he thought God will heal him. We were very sad when we heard this.

3rd of Dec, I will always remember you. Not because it is my birthday but because I lost a very very good friend, a brother, a buddy, a chat mate, a makan mate. I missed u, Kelvin.


******************************************************

Today, I got lotsa of wishes from friends..........Hmm...First was Gary...followed by Brother-in-law, maid, Karen, Simon (hmmm..Surprise and touched that he remembers it)..then Tommy Kor, 4th aunt, Benjamin then Andy.

At about 1pm, Together with my dad, I took maid to Orchard Road to buy Chirstmas presents for her little sister and mother. She was overjoyed. As those things that I bought for her, her family cant afford back home. After 3 hours of shopping, my dad looked a little tired. Seeing the cab queue was so long so I called for a cab to sent them back first while I continued my christmas shopping. Still got things for people wor.

At about 8pm, I decided to head back home so I begin to walk MRT station. While I was on my way, Benjamin sms me asking if I wanna meet him and Andy for a meal. I agreed. I then met them at Ang Mo Kio. The 2 guys had KFC while I watched them eat. We chatted and laughed. At 9.40pm, I decided to head back home as my family are waiting to cut my cake. These two very "gentlemen-ly" guys saw me to the cab.

This was how I spent my 25th birthday celebration. Oh yah, just opened my hotmail and got an ecard from Ben and Andy. So sweet of them. Thanks ya......Ahyoyo, that two twins friends of mine hor juz juz juz called to wish me...2 min before my birthday ends..**fAinT**.. Anyway, better to be late than never lor. Thanks...

Oh..its past midnight..My birthday is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home