Tuesday, July 04, 2006

WHAT HAPPENED??
I was cleaning and doing some housekeeping when I spotted my album. I took it out to view. It contains all the YAFers camps photo. I was so sad that YAF has shrinked so much over the years. From 30 over people to less than 10. Some left for spouse's church. Some left because they are disappointed with church and God. Some left without a word.
-
As I reflect back, I really really thank God for the YAFers for their financial support, emotional support, spiritually support throughout dad's and mum's illnesses especially the leaders(Raj, Jeffrey, Siew Har, Kok Tee Wanyue). Each time when situations in my family pulled me down, they will be there to pull me up. If not for their rebuking, nagging and talks, I would have backslide long ago. They will meet up with me up or grabbed me to a corner after service to talk to me.
-
Although, I think I have decided not to return to hebron but I will never never forget what the YAFers have done for me over the years.
-
Remembered whenever dad and mum were hospitalised, YAFers will without fail will definitely be there every evening after their work to be with me. Some even rushed down to hospital during their lunchtime to eat with me as they know that I will be too sad and tired to eat.
-
In 2000, when dad and mum needs to go for an operation. Both of them went in after one another. Dad was admitted 1st. Mum was admitted on the the day of dad's discharge day. Dad to insert pacemaker and mum to insert a metal rod into her legs to strengthen it. Raj wants me to quit my job to take care of my parents. YAFers then gave me monthly allowance of $700 every mth for household expenses for the 6 months till my parents are well. I was very very sad then cos I have to quit my teaching job. I love my teaching job a lot. I love my all my 60 children. I have no choice but to let go.
-
Other time, mum was sent for an emergency brain scan at about 8pm+. About 8 YAFers stayed with me and my family to wait for the results till about 11pm. Worst still, next day all have to work. Upon hearing the news when mum passed away, Kok Tee and Wanyue, Joanna and Weicheng rushed down to be with me in the at about 10+ and they stayed with me till 2am after we settled everything at the hospice. During mum's wake, YAFers also helped to 'shou' 'yue'.
-
There are still many things which the YAF has done for me which I have yet to write. Blog, I felt really bad to leave church but I cant make myself to go back anymore.
-
I prayed for YAF will continue to grow in quality and in quantity too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home