Today I am not working cos' I got a checkup. I went to NUH in the morning although my checkup is in the afternoon. I need to do a fasting blood test, so need to be there early and I can break-fast early.
-
I woke up at 7.30am. I decided to hitch a last minute ride from sister to her father-in-law's place in Hougang. Phew!! I managed to dress up within 25mins. I played with my niece along the way. (Brother-in-law is away for business trip again). After depositing my niece at my sister's FIL's house. I took a bus from there to Alijunel MRT then all the way to Bouna Vista.
-
I reached NUH at 10am, I was already hungry. As I am very 'ar' with all the nurses there, I told them to let take the blood first as I am very hungry. I am used to take breakfast at 8am, so it way past my mealtime. Well, they called me within 5 mins. (yippe..yippe..) - me 'ren' 'jian' ren' 'ai' (people see..people like..hehe). After taking the blood, I rushed to 7-eleven to take buy a instant whipped potato and a packet of chocolate milk to fill my stomach. Feel so siok...
-
As I got about 4hrs to kill before my Dr comes in for her clinic, I decided to meet Wanyue for lunch near her workplace. At first, I am supposed to meet a long-lost brother of 10 years but then he didnt call or sms me to confirm the timing. I thought he was busy so didnt want to disturb him.
-
I took a bus down to Orchard to meet Wanyue. We supposed to meet each other at the entrance of Tanglin Mall but I was very early so I alighted at Gleneagles instead. As I have never step into Gleneagles so thought of going in to take a look, at the same time, I can accompany the pregnant woman (wanyue) to walk to Tanglin Mall. While waiting for Wanyue at the lobby, I saw Elder Ang. He was there to see one his patients. After a while, I bumped onto Mrs Ang. She was there for her checkup. We spoke for a little while before three of us went our separate ways.
-
I woke up at 7.30am. I decided to hitch a last minute ride from sister to her father-in-law's place in Hougang. Phew!! I managed to dress up within 25mins. I played with my niece along the way. (Brother-in-law is away for business trip again). After depositing my niece at my sister's FIL's house. I took a bus from there to Alijunel MRT then all the way to Bouna Vista.
-
I reached NUH at 10am, I was already hungry. As I am very 'ar' with all the nurses there, I told them to let take the blood first as I am very hungry. I am used to take breakfast at 8am, so it way past my mealtime. Well, they called me within 5 mins. (yippe..yippe..) - me 'ren' 'jian' ren' 'ai' (people see..people like..hehe). After taking the blood, I rushed to 7-eleven to take buy a instant whipped potato and a packet of chocolate milk to fill my stomach. Feel so siok...
-
As I got about 4hrs to kill before my Dr comes in for her clinic, I decided to meet Wanyue for lunch near her workplace. At first, I am supposed to meet a long-lost brother of 10 years but then he didnt call or sms me to confirm the timing. I thought he was busy so didnt want to disturb him.
-
I took a bus down to Orchard to meet Wanyue. We supposed to meet each other at the entrance of Tanglin Mall but I was very early so I alighted at Gleneagles instead. As I have never step into Gleneagles so thought of going in to take a look, at the same time, I can accompany the pregnant woman (wanyue) to walk to Tanglin Mall. While waiting for Wanyue at the lobby, I saw Elder Ang. He was there to see one his patients. After a while, I bumped onto Mrs Ang. She was there for her checkup. We spoke for a little while before three of us went our separate ways.
-
Soon, wanyue came down and we walked to Tanglin Mall together. (Wapian, the sun is sourching hot man). After walking around the mall, we decided to settle for Thai food at Patara. We were the 1st customer. As we entered the resturant, they even addressed me by name wor. We ordered a green curry, tom yam soup and a fried chicken. We didnt know that we have to pay for the evian water on the table so I agreed to start off with a glass of water. When we looked into the menu, I was shocked that 'holy' evian water costs us $6 bucks wor. Me so 'suan ko'. Sigh......Initially, we got the whole resturant to ourselves. The feeling was so great. I told Wanyue as if we booked the whole resturant. The attention is all on us. But within the next few minutes, people slowly strolled in, table by table. Just beside us, there was a table full of taitais. They were all talking so loudly. I 'ta-bu-leh tahan them. They spoilt the image of the fine dinning resturant.
-
After lunch at abt 1.30pm, Wanyue had to go back to work. I too headed back for my checkup. When I reached the clinic, my Dr's assistant nurse immediately put my file into the Dr's room when she saw me. She always does that for me cos she doesnt want me to wait for long. (see, i told u, wo ren jian ren ai, mah!!!!). Within minutes, I got in and phew! My blood test result is normal. My blood pressure has also come to normal. My professor was very very pleased and said that the new medicine, Nifedipine is working very well on me. I complained to her that I am very tired and legartic for the past 2 months. She decided to bring my atentol down to 50mg instead of 100mg.
As it might be the cause my tiredness.
-
After my checkup at about 3pm, I decide to go TOY R US at Orchard Forum to look see look see for toys. Suddenly, I remembered my long-lost Tommy brother is working above. (i only found him about a month ago through friendster website). So I decided to sms him. He called me within a few minutes and he wants to meet up with me. He was waiting for my call actually. We met at coffee bean at Orchard Forum. I was shocked to see him. He has grown so much. (err..i mean horizontal, kor. Not that fat lah, only the tummy but arms very muscular wor,hehe...). He looked very smart too, with a tie. We lost contact completely since 1995 so we chat for almost 2hrs. He was so happy to see me, I too.
-
This brother hor dotes on me alot (one). Last time hor, he don't even allow me to drink cold fizzy drinks on a humid day as its very bad for my health. Once, when I was in Primary 6, I am supposed to meet him at Bukit Timah. I had never been there before but I thought I could figure out myself with the landmarks he gave me. In the end, I lost my way. I was so frightened and ended up in Bukit Merah interchange. Luckily I saw the a familiar bus number 132, so I got home on that. I called home when I was in Bukit Merah Interchange. He and my sister went downstairs to fetch me. When I saw them, I ran towards them and he give me a hug. I also remembered when I was in secondary one, he once cooked for me noodles with oyster and chilli sauce when I came back from school. He also bought me a Singapore banner with his own pocket money when he brought me to watch the Tiger Cup soccer match with Kedah at Kallang stadium.
-
After losing contact for 10 years, I was so so so so so so surprised that this brother still remembers my birthday. He smsed me this year on my birthday to wish me. I am so touched. We promised to catch up again soon. Ohya, he is a father of a 9 miths old baby gal liao. So happy for him.
-
At about 6pm, I left the place to meet my sister at her FIL's place. After that I went home with sis and baobei niece.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home